Today, I give you part of the introduction scene of one of my favorite characters, Cyrus. I hope this gives you some insight into the special bond that the three MCs share. As always, all material is Copyright 2012 Evangeline Warren. Before I give you the excerpt, I’d like to remind you all to check out my new collaboration project, I need your help! And here you go! Enjoy!
“So now that you know about me, why don’t you tell me about you?” Juliana asked, eager for more information about her soon to be friend, if all went well.
“Umm… Well, I’m not really sure how to tell you this,” Cyrus stalled jokingly, “But I’m the Crown Prince of Alinzar.”
“No way!” Juliana replied, keeping the train of the joke.
“I’m sorry, but it’s true…” James added, madly wiping fake tears away from his eyes. “I guess that you’re going to have to give up on your plans for marriage, he can only marry a royal princess, with his father, the king’s, approval.”
“I’m so sorry, Juliana, I knew that you thought that we had something special.” Cyrus went on, making fun of the older kids they saw interacting around their respective home cities, or town, in Juliana’s case.
“How could you! You’ve broken my…” Juliana tried to go on, but ended up dissolving into laughter with the rest of the group. It was with that exchange that Juliana gained a new friend. The trio became known around the palace as one that was frequently seen and Juliana soon became nearly as comfortable with Cyrus as she was with James.
- An Interview with RotP’s Juliana (evangelinewarren.wordpress.com)
- RotP Excerpt: Return to School (evangelinewarren.wordpress.com)
- Six Sentence Sunday: Another RotP Excerpt (evangelinewarren.wordpress.com)
- Y is for Youth (evangelinewarren.wordpress.com)
- RotP Excerpt: With a little help from my friends (evangelinewarren.wordpress.com)
- RotP Excerpt: Meditation (evangelinewarren.wordpress.com)
- RotP Excerpt: Arriving in Achnire (evangelinewarren.wordpress.com)
- N is for Normal (evangelinewarren.wordpress.com)